A few days ago I had my first really exciting blogging moment: I got nominated for the Liebster Award!
I just launched my blog a little over a month ago and am so happy to be part of this very welcoming blogging community. Before my blog went public I thought that maybe only a few friends and family members would read it, but I’m really thankful that it’s a lot more successful than I thought.
What’s the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is German and means “favorite” or “dearest”. The Liebster Award is a recognition given by bloggers to bloggers. You nominate your favorite bloggers who in return nominate their favorite bloggers – it’s more like a chain letter than an actual award. The Liebster Award can really help new bloggers to get their name out there and grow a following.
Thank you so much to Emma for nominating me! Emma’s blog Emmajaneexplores is focused on solo female travel. If you’d like to read about the 26 countries Emma has already explored, visit her blog! She also just released her first eBook: The Remote Work Guide. Check it out and learn about 5 ways to earn an income online while traveling the world.
Here’s what to do when you get nominated for the Liebster Award:
- Display the award in your blog post or in the side bar of your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs you love
- Create a list of 11 questions for your nominees
- Inform your nominees about their nomination by providing them with a link to your blog post
Here are my answers to Emma’s questions:
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I’m a big morning person. I’m usually up at 6am – even on the weekends. The early bird catches the worm!
- Would you rather have an infinite amount of money or an infinite amount of time?
An infinite amount of time would be like a dream come true! I could see the whole world, pick up a few new hobbies, exercise (finally no more excuses!) and also earn all the money I need.
- Coffee or tea?
Tea – all day long. My favorites are Chai, Black tea and Chamomile tea.
- Describe your perfect day?
Netflix and Chill with my love, eating Pizza and Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. In between movies we would go for a walk on the beach and have a little singing competition – of course I would win!
- What is your dream travel destination?
I’d love to visit India one day! I want to taste real Indian food, visit quirky markets, see the Himalayas and the Taj Mahal and experience the culture first hand.
- If you could have 1 super power, what would it be?
I would be able to spread love – no more hate, war or bullies, everyone would get along! One love.
- Do you prefer home cooked meals or eating out?
I love home cooked meals, preferably not cooked by myself lol
I feel like it’s hard to find healthy food in restaurants, you never really know what you get.
- If you could live in any country in the world what would it be?
I’m actually pretty happy here in America for now, but I definitely wouldn’t mind moving to a warmer state for Winter. Hawaii would be a nice option!
- What are your goals for the next twelve months?
I plan on working a lot on my blog, visit many more places here in America, exercise more and watch less tv.
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
When I was a teenager I worked in a warehouse packing clothes into cardboard boxes for shipment. I did this for a few hours in the afternoon after school. It was probably the most boring thing I’ve ever done!
- What is your favorite animal and why?
I love giraffes – they are my absolute favorite! My favorite thing about them is their cute face with huge eyes, their slobbery, soft mouth and their little horns (they are really called ossicones, just learned something new lol ). Also just how awkward their movements are sometimes, how they bend their legs when they drink – they are just adorable!
In accordance to the Liebster rules, I’d like to nominate the following blogs:
If you would like to read about what life in New York is like from an Australian perspective, check out Chelsea’s blog!
Being a highly sensitive introvert herself, Coral’s goal is to help other INFJ individuals to accept their personality and create a life they love.
Jenni takes you on a journey to Norway! She is originally from Finland and writes about her new Norwegian life on her blog. It features stories about lifestyle, food, nature and travel – all her posts are written in Finish and English!
Lauren’s blog is one of my favorites about New York City! She writes entertaining articles about places to visit and food to try. Definitely check out her blog if you need some Big Apple inspiration.
LittleMissExpat is a guide for teenage expats all over the world. She is originally from London and moved to Dubai three years ago. Check out her blog if you are looking for tips, advice and information about Dubai.
I love Erin’s wonderful idea to feature bedtime stories for kids on her blog. To make the reading easier, her blog is available on Amazon Kindle. Additionally, her blog contains articles about personal development, storytelling, family and finance.
Charli writes about lifestyle, travel and, what I like the most, she is not afraid to address issues of our society. Additionally, she includes beautiful photos of her journeys through Europe in her blog posts. Since I’m German, I’m looking forward to read more about the time she lived in Germany!
Maud just launched her blog this week and it looks incredibly beautiful! On her blog she will help you to set life goals, find your passion and eventually turn it into a profitable business. Check it out!
Liz writes about her life as a mom of three in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. She gives advice about fitness (I love her article about how to stay fit when you have an office job), motherhood and finance.
These are your questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever seen and why do you like it so much?
- What’s your favorite sport?
- If someone gave you 1 million dollars, what would you do?
- How much time do you spend blogging each week?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- If you could meet one famous person, who would it be and why?
- What do you think your life will look like after you retire?
- What do you think when you see a spider?
- What’s your next big thing?
I can’t wait to read your answers!